[chbot] Where to buy a new laptop

Eliot Blennerhassett ewblen at e.email
Mon Jul 13 09:49:26 BST 2020

On 13/07/20 7:16 pm, Charles Manning wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Any suggestions as to where to go buy a new laptop?

Do you specifically want to go to a shop to try before buy?

If not...
Lenovo are selling new via trademe or their website with free shipping,
generally have good linux reputation - I'm seriously considering one
right now...

And do you mean new as in brand new unused?

> I used to buy all my computers at Global PC but, alas, they are no more.
>
> Looking to spend around $2k on a grunty laptop mainly to run Linux
> (Linux and embedded dev).

Someone mentioned buying the extended warranty. You might want to read
this first

https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/extended-warranties

--
Eliot