[chbot] MYSql and PHPMyAdmin

Darran Lee darran at nzllive.com
Wed Jan 1 03:17:36 GMT 2020

You have a couple of options.

1: Use the 'mysqladmin' command to set the root password

  2: Use the  'mysql_secure_installation' command which will give you
the option to set the root password, it also removes the test database etc.

3: If you can log into mysql as root on the command line you can update
the mysql table with a new password e.g.

(sudo to root): sudo su -

(log into mysql as root): mysql

(update the root user):  alter user 'root'@'localhost' identified by
'your new password';