[chbot] MYSql and PHPMyAdmin

Marshland Engineering marshland at marshland.co.nz
Wed Jan 1 00:01:04 GMT 2020

I know there are a lot of linux chaps on this group and hopefully someone can
help. I had a raspberry Pi 2 running a local SQL database for in house
operation. It crashed some 2 years ago and now I have some time to get it back
up and running again.

The problem is with passwords. I did a 'normal' install with no issues and I
can login to PHPMyAdmin with the password I created and user PHPMyAdmin. This,
however does not give me root access. It appears that the install program
installed the system with user name 'root' and no password. Because there is
no root password, I cannot login and change it. As such I cannot create new
databases or do any further changes.

I've been round in circles for around 2 days now with many conflicting
options, non successful, so if someone is happy to do a phone support call,
I'll send the beers asap.

Cheers Wallace 03 3237449