[chbot] Shipping

Volker Kuhlmann list57 at top.geek.nz
Tue Apr 21 12:51:34 BST 2020

> Please keep the group updated with shipping progress for projects,
> along with any interesting conversations with couriers etc.

The toy I ordered for US$40 on 19/2/20 still hasn't arrived. The
international tracking number suggests it's been loaded and unloaded in
China 3 times now, but the seller says the logistics info is inaccurate
(and gives no reasons or corrections of course).

Some battery holders I ordered 24/3/20 arrived after 14(!) days.

Nothing else of what I ordered pre-lockdown or (essential items) during
lockdown has arrived.

My guess is it's to do with international freight capacity being way
down. Most freight used to be sent with passenger aircraft, which now
isn't happening. That's also why there are stories of airlines strapping
goods into rows of unoccupied seats...
Plus of course shipping within NZ is not as fast as it used to be.