[chbot] Unlocking a microSDHC or SDXC card

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 20:32:28 GMT 2019

Hello,

I am no aware of a software / hardware lock on a microSD card that is accessable. If this exists please someone let me know. Fascinating.

Is it possible it was somehow damaged by the phone / another device? Sometimes when solid state devices fail the controller will go into a locked state so that you can pull the data off the device. It could be that something happened and they had problems the controller figured was bad enough to look the device. I do know that some really high end malware is capable of getting into HDD / SSD controller firmware so I suppose it could be possible to do this to the firmware on an microSD card (never heard of that).

Hopefully someone will have better luck. What are these microSD cards branded and did you purchase them from a reputable supplier? If they are under warranty, you could just get them replaced.

Hope that helps.

http://www.htrax.xyz
New 2018 dace track released. My first dance track.