[chbot] ESCs for RC models

Synco Reynders synco.reynders at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 01:13:21 GMT 2018

Hi Andrew,

  What type of motor are you going to be using?? If you are considering
brushless, then because it's a traction application you'll most likely need
a motor with position feedback (hall-effect sensors).
If it's a brushed motor, things get a lot simpler since the controller only
needs to use PWM to control the current.

Synco

On 23 February 2018 at 08:53, Andrew Errington <erringtona at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Apropos of nothing in particular, I am looking for advice on what ESC to
> buy to run a couple of motors on a skid-steer robot platform.
>
> I know there are several to choose from, and ones for boats are different
> to ones for cars. I will need two of them.
>
> If anyone is into this and can recommend a specific module I'd be happy to
> hear about it.
>
> Specifications:
> Handle up to 24V at around 10A.
> Variable speed forward and reverse across the typical servo timing pulse
> range, with a stop band in the middle.
> Probably non-braking.
> Not expensive (between NZ$10 and NZ$20 each).
> Available in Christchurch or NZ from a store or TradeMe.
> BEC output not necessary.
>
> Any tips or pointers welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew