[chbot] Name of the group

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jan 17 20:19:16 GMT 2016

Yes a better website may be useful, but I observe that there is little
interest in making in happen. From a maintenance and collaboration point
of view a CMS/wiki would be the way to go. We had one once, very few
people put any content into it.

Finding a free server is easy, someone offered a while back to donate an
RPi. Hey I'll buy one myself. I offered to run it and set it up, but
when I asked who is interested in me doing that and who else would help
looking after it there was no response. Hence my conclusion of no
interest.

Stability could be achieved by ensuring portability of CMS/wiki data.
The actual software, i.e. particular wiki, can't be changed, but its
database should be movable to a new server should the need arise. One
requirement of setting this up would be to ensure that database backups
are taken and can be implanted into a new software installation on a
different server. Who has experience with this?

All the tools we ever need are available as FOSS so I took that as a
given. I won't spend my time on anything else.

Great if we have enthusiastic volunteers. What are the proposals to
address the issues mentioned? Perhaps start a new subject about web
site.