[chbot] Which robot kit?

Hanno Sander hanno at mydancebot.com
Thu Feb 16 09:47:15 GMT 2012

Hi Andrew,
I started with a Mindstorm and a Vex and ended up collaborating with a
bunch of great engineers to build the TBot to use with my kids.

TBot uses the powerful Parallax Propeller (8 independent 32 bit
processors running at 96 MHz), includes a bunch of integrated sensors
(mic, encoders, proximity, line, IR) and comes ready to run- no
assembly required.  It's designed as an easy to customize robot
platforms with mechanical integration to lego/technic/vex/meccano and
expansion connector with plenty of digital/analog IO.  LiPo batteries
charge via USB, you can control/program/debug it wirelessly, and it
comes with learning resources.  Easy to program with 12Blocks or text
based like C, Basic, etc.   See more here: http://onerobot.org

Hanno
--
Hanno Sander