[chbot] home brew CPU

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Mon Nov 15 23:38:47 GMT 2010

Chunk Moore, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_H._Moore, is another one of
those over-achievers.

He invented the Forth programming language and designed a few processors that
run Forth.

He also designed and a Forth-based PC + OS to match then wrote his own VLSI
CAD system which he then used to develop some of his more recent chips.

His new game is http://greenarraychips.com They make severely multi-core
embedded chips: 144 CPUs in 1cm^2 . This is an async design that can execute
instructions in 1.5 ns instructions. Sounds interesting.