[chbot] F18A

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Nov 16 00:13:50 GMT 2010

http://greenarraychips.com/home/documents/greg/DB001-101109-F18A.pdf

Most interesting machine. Looks Like it is half way between a forth
hardware engine and a transputer. Sounds Like it should be an aircraft...

"The F18A is built from asynchronous logic, therefore its instruction
times are naturally approximate.  The time required for all activity
varies directly with temperature, inversely with power supply voltage
(VDD), and randomly within a statistical distribution due to
variations in the process of fabricating the chips themselves"

Also:

RAM:  18 bits wide, 64 words in each node.
ROM:  18 bits wide, 64 words in each node.

Instruction 'or'  - actually Exclusive Or.  Replaces T with the
Boolean XOR of S and T.  Pops data stack -- someone has a sense of humour here.

I guess you can synthesise | from ! (  ( ! a) & ( ! b )  )

Looks like there are about 32 instructions total.

-Mark