[chbot] home brew CPU

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Nov 15 09:15:52 GMT 2010

I was talking to one of the guys about 'real hardware' this evening,
none of this fancy x86 stuff, I mean my first 680kHz 6800 with 256 bytes SRAM.

Anyway, the subject of the Bill Buzbee's Magic 1 came up -
http://www.homebrewcpu.com

Shortly after moving to NZ from about 40k from where Bill lives
(California), I found his project and helped with some of the bring
up of the hardware via email.

So he has designed the instruction set, architecture, hardware,
assembler and re-ported a C compiler. Not bad for a software type !

Also, just found his video on youtube -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv2TxiwAquM - first time I have seen him.

Also never seen MakeFair before - "an annual block party for
tinkerers" - sounds like Wed evening at Science Alive to me.

Beware programmer who carry screwdrivers.

-Mark