[chbot] Parallax Prop Plug

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jul 4 01:35:54 BST 2009

I don't exactly know the answer to your question, I use the prop plug for
programming my ATMega8.
The mod you show involves the reset line. I made a pin out adaptor that I
use between the mega8 and the prop plug that leaves the reset line
disconnected, connecting 0v and tx/rx data at 5v ttl levels. So I guess it
depends what the reset line is used for in your setup. My suspicion is that
you would be better off with the unmodified prop plug, or leaving the reset
disconnected so that your target will not be permanently reset by 0v on the
reset line coming from the prop plug.

Cheers

Richard.

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/PropellerTools/tabid/143/ProductID/398/List/0/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName