[chbot] Does ChCh Robotics need more www presence?

Carl Ranson chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 07 Jul 2007 00:31:52 +1200

Personally I'd love to see something like this happen.

Mailing lists are pretty old fashioned and not being able to post images
is a bit of a pain.
It would be nice to have a page each to showcase our projects (yes,
theres nothing to stop each of us from doing it ourselves)

phpBB seems to be the de facto standard for discussion groups and there
are even free hosting sites for it.
example: http://nissanbluebird.8.forumer.com/index.php

Google groups is totally free but I'm not convinced you could move off
it if we go on there. Its probably trivial to get started though and
does allow files to be posted.

The biggest concern I'd have is that we should be able to moved to a
different host or domain if the need arises.

As for features, I'm less sure
Threaded discussion board? essential
File area? probably useful
Project showcase area? useful
Static page for group info? almost certainly

Anything else?