[chbot] Does ChCh Robotics need more www presence?

Richard Jones chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:11:54 +1200

Anyone have any thoughts about our groups www presence?
We are a small group and a www presence could make it
simpler for people to find us i.e. grow our numbers. We
could use a www site to popularise forthcoming
meetings/events, share ideas, and pictures in a more visible
and lasting way than the email list. To give an idea of what
we could achieve have a look at www.chchsoar.org.nz.

Here is a quick list of things to deal with:
Domain name- could use dyndns
Site Setup
Web hosting
Administration
Security
Possible Solutions- Php-Nuke or Derivatives, Wiki, Roll your
own, or a static page on the science alive site.

Anyone think this would be worthwhile, any volunteers for
any of the tasks?

Regards

Richard Jones