[101admin] help101 mailing list?

Ellen Smith 101admin@ourshack.com
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 08:11:15 -0800

Hi Andrew,
Checked out the page. Would add the following:

Kite Store or Dealer [aka Trader in the UK]
It is highly recommended that as a new flier you rely on the expert
service of a full service kite store. In most cases the owners and/or
employees are able to provide you with a variety of kites suitable for
flying in local conditions. Expect to be able to obtain information from
them on the proper lines to use; setting up your kite; launching your
kite and manuevering your kite. They should also be able to direct you
to other "fields" local flyers hang out at. If you require repairs the
kite store should be able to service your kite.

Locating a Kite Store. While kite stores are not as prolific as other
sorts of sporting goods stores, there are many in the US and Europe. You
can check your local listings in the yellow pages under "kites". A
simple search here on the internet may be productive: try kite + stores
+ name of your state. Or you can check out this link that has a listing
of many kite stores

As for the link to David Gomberg's site. I think that the power kite
site [http://www.kites.org/jo/stores-us.html] has a much more complete
and up to date listing of stores. Also, David has placed "dummy stores"
on his list to inhibit people from using it. I guess it's safe to say
that I wouldn't want any "funny feelings" to develop here.

We could also explore the option of building our own store listing. I
would be willing to take PART of the alphabet and "html" stores in a
basic table form. But it's too large a job to do all by myself.
Particularly since I'm trying to write some articles and stuff for
amazonkites.com, not to mention updates at sportkite.com [added four
more dealers over the weekend - yippeeeee]

<center><table align="center" width="600" cellspacing="2"
cellpadding="2">
STORE NAME<br>
Address<br>
City/State/Zip<br>