[101admin] Kites101

Dan Millsip 101admin@ourshack.com
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 12:53:25 -0800

Hello All,

At 10:13 AM 01/21/2001 +0000, Andrew Beattie wrote:
<snip>
>One of the things that we've figured at Ourshack is that if you're
>doing a collaborative project, then you need to do things the
>"normal" way.  Files in the usual place, edited using the standard
>tools.  So that when a new person joins, everything works just the
>way they would expect it.
>
>But if you've got good *content*, we're very interested.  Either
>to include it or point to it.

I was under the impression that this was a collaborative project by people
at rec.kites for the benefit of those new to the sport of stunt kite flying.

It appears, however, that this is not the case as it's been made very clear
to me that Andrew doesn't want help/input from anyone who may have
something to offer. Apparently, my 20 years experience in marketing, and 6+
years experience in developing successful websites as well as consulting
for interface design and site structure to some of the largest Internet
Development firms in Western Canada just isn't enough for Mr. Beattie who
appears to know everything that there is to know about marketing and
running a successful web presence. At any rate, Andrew made it evident to
me that the "normal" way of doing things is his way and only his way. Even
if what you're working on is supposed to be a collective effort of everyone
involved.

In a private e-mail he also informed me that I want to "use the project to
showcase my favorite web technology..." Get it straight Mr. Beattie, I
never once stated or otherwise indicated that I wanted to showcase anything
other than kite flying.

It is with regret that for the reasons above that I withdraw all my support
of this project. There appear to be agendas in place other than helping the
newcomer to enjoy the sport of kite flying and I don't wish to waste my
time with someone who is not open-minded enough to accept ideas of others.
Within my circle of professional website developers we call someone with
this attitude, "unemployed".

Best regards,

-Dan.

Dan Millsip
Renaissance Web Creation Inc.    Website: http://www.renweb.net/
23195 96th Ave, PO Box 836       Tel/Fax: 604-513-1192
Fort Langley, BC V1M 2S2         E-mail:  dan@renweb.net