[chbot] RaspberryPi launches it's own "Arduino"

hamster hamster at snap.net.nz
Thu Jan 21 22:31:13 GMT 2021

The more I look at the Pi Pico the less I like it:

- No WiFi or Bluetooth

- No user interaction, apart from an LED

- Relatively poor low power performance of > 1mA when sleeping - not
good for always-on battery powered

- Ships without headers so requires newbies to solder

- No onboard sensors at all

And it has a board 'stacking' system that only allows stacking on one
side. I want an I/O sandwich! user I/O on the top, system I/O on the
bottom, and controller in the middle.

For every use case I can see a better alternative. So it most likely
will be a roaring success. :(

At about USD$15 the BBC micro:bit V2 is everything this should have been
given the Pi Foundation's goals. A usable controller, with sensors,
lights, buttons, microphone, speaker, alligator clip friendly I/O
connector, RF, Drag-and-drop programming, Program in C++ or MakeCode or
Python or Scratch...

Mike

PS. Yes, I did order one anyway...