[chbot] Test access after bounced emails

Volker Kuhlmann list57 at top.geek.nz
Tue Apr 20 11:54:00 BST 2021

On Tue 20 Apr 2021 18:45:42 NZST +1200, Richard Jones wrote:

> It seems as though gmail refuses to return list emails to the originating
> email address.

That looks to me like it has everything to do with mailman, and nothing
with google. Mailman is the mailing list software used for this list
(see the headers).

By default, I understand mailman sets the default for new lists  to
"don't return your own posts" for new users/subscribers. The list admin
can change the default for new subscribers on a per-list basis, but in
my 25y experience this rarely happens. Every subscriber can make their
own setting here, for each list, or for all lists running on the same
server/mailman instance.

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 9:32 AM Robin Gilks <gb7ipd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For whatever reason, changing my email address seems to have stopped me
> > from receiving anything at all!

If you don't get any list email at all, not even from other list
members, assuming you subscribed correctly you'd have to take that up
with google as your email provider (good luck). Or just get a real
mailbox somewhere else that works ;-)