[chbot] Workshop open house?

Sales | Alan | Ecotech Services sales at ecotechservices.co.nz
Mon Apr 5 04:43:25 BST 2021

Hello Andy and others.

Ecotech Services, or me personally, can supply a bit of it.

On 21/03/2021 4:09 pm, andrew dean wrote:
> Cheers, Andy.
>
> The most urgent needs are:
>
> For the laser: 3-6mm thick sheets of mdf,
I might have some offcuts at home.
> acrylic (3mm thick in clear or color is ideal… or thinner if such a thing exists)
We have some clear sheets from TVs.
> and ply, ideally with a nice grade on one side.
I might have some offcuts.
> Ideal sheet size is greater than 400x400mm and up to 900x600. (I can cut down if larger but won’t have a way to get it to school)
>

> for the Plasma:
>
> 200x200->600x600 sheets of between .5 and 3mm steel.  …
We supply the sides from computer tower style cases. Am using one at
present to enclose a PSU.
> or brass/copper but that’s crazy unlikely.
We some copper heatsinks and some 3mm or so copper busbars we could
donate to a worthwhile project.
> For the router:
>
> 15-50mm thick wood/nylon/plastic 400x400->1200x1200?  The school hasn’t done much with the router and I’m doing heaps of experimentation at the moment. One kid has modelled up a fender telecaster body in fusion and just finished cutting it (complete with , string holes, surface countours perfect cutouts for all the components and wire channels) out of a thick piece of pine “butcher board”.   I’ve been cutting stuff out of “boat board” from dotmar’s dumpster.  I love the stuff, but they don’t throw it out very often.
>
> That’s the stuff I know we use… There could be other awesome materials that I just haven’t been able to find as scrap to test with.
>
> Thanks guys!
> -Andrew

Regards

Alan

--
Ecotech Services Ltd <http://www.ecotechservices.co.nz>
139A Wordsworth St

03 3770773

Repair, refurbishment, recycling, and sales
of electrical, electronic, and computer equipment.