[chbot] Wanting real data - How best to mount sensors outside in the elements?

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Fri May 29 19:01:29 BST 2020

Wow Stephen, thank you. This is fascinating.

I have seen some commercial products that had a vent at the bottom,
allowing water to escape and conformally coat the assembly inside, to
keep the electrics safe.

Military product milled out of block aluminium, with O ring seals and
hermetically sealed connectors suddenly doesn't seem quite as much
overkill as it did once.

-Mark