[chbot] LED lighting

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 00:12:05 BST 2020

At yesterday's meeting Darran mentioned he had bought controllable LED
lighting from Jaycar.

I forgot to mention that I recently bought an LED downlight from
Bunnings with WiFi control:
https://www.bunnings.co.nz/deta-smart-10w-940lm-rgb-cct-downlight-with-grid-connect_p0102573

The downlight has an RGB LED array, together with warm white (WW) and
cool white (CW) LEDs.

Inside the 'transformer' is an ESP8266 running Arlec's GRiD Connect
software (which I think is just re-branded Tuya software). I reflashed
mine with Tasmota, and it worked. Cool story, bro.

Bunnings has several GRiD Connect devices, which is good because they
are certified for sale and use in New Zealand. They hook up to your
home wifi then connect to the Cloud. Then you download Arlec's GRiD
app to control all the things. Unless you hack them.

Andrew