[chbot] CovidCard implementation - how expensive should it be to manufacture 1M of them?

hamster hamster at snap.net.nz
Sun Aug 30 23:11:00 BST 2020

Fully agree.

TX => COTS parts can do this.

Contact Storage => mildly challenging. You you would timestamp every
minute (for 1440 timestamps per day, 5760 bytes per day), and keep a
least recently seen table of 127 entries, keeping recurring contacts to
one bytes, and new contacts to once byte + ID.

RX => Well, there's the crux.

All of the low power RX parts I've looked at consume somewhere between
10mA -> 25mA when active, and with approximation 720 hrs in a month it
starts requiring batteries with many AHrs of battery capacity - a coin
cell is ~250mAhr,, only enough for 10 to 20hrs of RX per coin cell.

Mike