[chbot] RISC-V stuff.

hamster hamster at snap.net.nz
Wed Mar 6 21:01:30 GMT 2019

Hi,

Yesterday I received a Sipeed MAiX M1w arrive in the mail from
Seeed Studio. https://www.seeedstudio.com/sipeed

It is RISC-V 64-bit
dual core 400MHz CPU, 8MB of RAM, LCD and Camera interfaces, WiFi, and
lots of odd hardware features "AI accelerator", "FFT accelerator"...

few lines of microPython later the camera and LCD were up and running.
Not bad for < $US20.

I posted on Twitter about it, and Bruce Holt (ex
Samsung R&D, moving to the US to be with SiFive, knows a ton about a lot
of CPUs) said that he would be in town sometime soon and would be happy
to meet up and chat.

Anybody else interested?

Time and place TBA.

Mike