[chbot] Chchrobotics Digest, Vol 141, Issue 4

Trevor Wignall zl3adz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 08:28:59 BST 2019

If the LED voltage is higher than the battery voltage so the regulator
needs to be a boost regulator, then the LED current may well be a square
wave. However if the battery voltage is higher, then the regulator needs to
be a buck regulator in which case the output (LED) current is smoothed by
the inductor and it is the input (battery) current that is the square wave.
Of course they could be using a regulator with both characteristics in
which case both are likely to be square waves!
Does anyone know what frequency the transmitters are on? If not, can
someone give us the lengths of the directional aerial's elements?
Trevor