[chbot] enc28j60

Volker Kuhlmann list57 at top.geek.nz
Wed Apr 17 05:34:14 BST 2019

I haven't used the ENC28J60 before, that's why I asked what its upsides
are. I use the W5100 with the libraries built into the IDE. From memory
they take up about 12-15k of flash. The 4 simultaneous connections have
to be to different ports, although that restriction may actually come
from the libraries. Saving US$1.50 on a different chip which then takes
more flash and doesn't work out of the box I wouldn't do myself unless I
really needed a tight nano stack.

There are also
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TOP-Mini-W5100-LAN-Ethernet-Shield-Network-Module-board-Best/32816594777.html
Starting appr US$4-4.50.

What are the practical advantages of a W5500? It also doesn't work out of
the box (needs libraries) some while back, but now starts at appr US$3.