[chbot] ESCs for RC models

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 19:53:03 GMT 2018

Hi all,

Apropos of nothing in particular, I am looking for advice on what ESC to
buy to run a couple of motors on a skid-steer robot platform.

I know there are several to choose from, and ones for boats are different
to ones for cars. I will need two of them.

If anyone is into this and can recommend a specific module I'd be happy to
hear about it.

Specifications:
Handle up to 24V at around 10A.
Variable speed forward and reverse across the typical servo timing pulse
range, with a stop band in the middle.
Probably non-braking.
Not expensive (between NZ$10 and NZ$20 each).
Available in Christchurch or NZ from a store or TradeMe.
BEC output not necessary.

Any tips or pointers welcome.

Thanks,

Andrew