[chbot] Deeply discharged

Jasper Mackenzie jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 05:36:07 BST 2017

Thanks Robin,
 They are 12V, so yes I am very worried, never seen 12V batteries that low
and recovered. Trying to fix/reverse engineer my own broken desulfator
(sigh) and charge at 500mA with my fingers well crossed. I just hoped that
someone would have a super smart charger that may be more effective.
 But yes, seeing as I likely have 140kg of scrap I was hoping a new battery
would turn up 8)

On 13/10/2017 17:31, "Robin Gilks" <robin at gilks.org> wrote:

> Gidday all,
>  Back from an epic adventure to find all systems down. My 4x Lead acid
> batteries at ~4V each!
>
> Does anyone have a good charger that may bring these back to life nicely?
> Even better, does anyone have a spare 24 or better 48V of NiCd or NiFe?
>
> Reality is hard, the Alps are amazing! What a beautiful country we live
> in!

Are they 6 or 12v batteries? If 12v then a trip to the scrap yard is in
order - very unlikely to be of any use. If 6v then a slow charge would be
better than a fast one. If they are flooded batteries, check the SG and
level to see if the values agree with the volts. Battery University is
your friend:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_the_lead_acid_battery

--
Robin Gilks

Mail Archives: http://lists.ourshack.com/pipermail/chchrobotics/
Meetings usually 3rd Monday each month. See http://kiwibots.org for venue,
directions and dates.
When replying, please edit your Subject line to reflect new subjects.