[chbot] 3D printing

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 20:01:11 GMT 2017

In case anyone is interested, the Malyan M200 (aka Monoprice MP Select
Mini) is currently discounted at Hobbyking:

AU plug, US$177.72
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/malyan-metal-3d-printer-m200-3.html

US plug, US$156.70
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/malyan-metal-3d-printer-m200-2.html

I paid US$156.70 for mine, which was the UK plug version, and about US$65
for shipping to NZ.

It is my belief that all models are identical apart from the power cord,
which has the country-specific plug at one end and a 2-pin figure-8 plug at
the other, to plug into the printer's power brick. The cord is easily
replaced in NZ. However, do your own due-diligence and don't just rely on
some random guy on an internet mailing list.

I don't know how long the prices will stay that way. Even if they go back
up (which they did) they obviously fluctuate from time to time. I have no
affiliation with the manufacturer or seller, but I am pleased with what I
bought. Doubly so after installing Octopi.

Best wishes,

Andrew