[chbot] 9.6" tablet for < NZ$300

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Aug 28 07:21:41 BST 2017

Hi All,

I have been looking around for a 10" tablet for a while and the Samsung
SM-T560 is currently on sale.

Unit has quad core 1.3Ghz CPU, 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal FLASH, uSD card
slot, but more to the point has WiFi and USB OTG - OTG being the
deal-maker here. Also running Android 4.4 which is getting on a bit.

Main interest is Web surfing, video playback, and control of some
external home-cooked hardware via OTG (and associated 5V power).

One test report claimed almost 9hrs of continuous video playback on a
single charge which is quite respectable.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_e_9_6-7295.php

Is anyone aware of a significantly better value-for-money product in the
sub-$300 range (since I am picking it up, this includes GST, and $0
shipping).

Thanks, Mark