[chbot] batteries : dangerous goods

Mike Field hamster at snap.net.nz
Wed Aug 23 02:07:30 BST 2017

On that Board Patrol reality TV show I didn't watch last night they had
small desk fans powered by two 16550 cells, welded in series at both
ends (yep, + welded to - at both ends!). One cell was barely functioning
- just enough to turn the fan, the other was filled with Crystal Meth.
THey could make a good battery shipping container, but might be slow to
get through customs!

(My defense for knowing this was I was upgrading storage array F/W at
work with the TV left on in the background).

When I ordered the generic a SKYTOPPOWER 30V 5A Bench supply from Deal
Extreme I got an email telling me "as it was a power supply and
containes Li-ion batteries it will not be shipped by air and would be
shipped by surface mail". I guess that is what happens if they see a
customs declaration with "Power Supply" on it.

Mike