[chbot] DS0150

Richard Jones richard.jones.1952 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 09:05:14 BST 2017

To answer Jaspers question about measuring voltages > 50V using the DSO150
something like this 10:1 scope probe could do the job to measure up to 500V
without isolation : https://www.jaycar.co.nz/cro-probe-cable/p/QC1902  Only
$47.50 each :-(

You could make your own. Section 5 in this paper shows the idea, ensure
appropriate track gaps and be conservative about voltage rating of
components used:

http://www.syscompdesign.com/assets/images/appnotes/probes.pdf

With scope probes included maybe the Rigol and similar scopes are not so
expensive after all if you need to approach the limits of their performance.

Richard Jones