[chbot] 18650 battery sources

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 00:29:59 BST 2016

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Volker Kuhlmann <list0570 at paradise.net.nz>
wrote:

> Charles mentioned 6 Oct that his experience with 18650 lithium batteries
> includes lots of purchases where the batteries lose capacity quickly
> after a few cycles, i.e. are basically rubbish.
>
> That's consistent with reports of Chinese factories pulling apart
> stuffed laptop batteries, relabelling the extracted cells for on-selling
> as brand new total junk. Then they end up on trademe, with clueless
> sellers saying they never had any complaints and "anyway, many sales =
> good quality product". 'nuff said.

Through the years I've bought quite a few knock-off replacement batteries
for laptops from on-line battery sellers in NZ.

They have always been far better (life and capacity) than the battery that
originally came with the laptop.

Deals made in shady alleys behind dumpsters will often go bad.....

-- Charles