[chbot] Component links

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Thu Oct 20 10:31:46 BST 2016

There is an interesting "feature" on this Ethernet module. The header
contains 2 pins for PoE, and they're connected to the RJ45 jack. There
is more PoE labelling on the PCB too. But it won't do it - the Hanrun
HR911105A jack everyone uses is definitely not PoE capable:

http://www.hanrun.com/hanren/search/product?keywords=hr911105a&id=40283c77300c5ed601300ca18a700003&pageNo=1
Part Number:HR911105A
THT, 100 Base-T, NO, G & Y, Ethernet(non PoE), 0 ~ +70℃, RJ45, Tab down, 1×1

Perhaps the board was meant to be fitted with a pin-compatible PoE jack?
Let me know if you find out. PoE would be really useful.

My board says Funduino, but that seems to mean "cloned", but I can't
find of what.

There's a similar module with mounting holes here, but 2x price:
http://www.dx.com/p/w5100-tcp-ip-spi-interface-ethernet-network-module-blue-397471