[chbot] Virtual machine selection

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 22:07:33 BST 2016

> "One feature you'll find extremely useful (I do!!) is being able to take a snapshot of the guest before you try installing some dodgy software and being able to roll back very easily"
>
> The thought never crossed my mind :)

Slightly off topic, but if you decide to ever use VMWare Fusion (MacOS), the following may be useful in terms of keeping automated copies on some separate storage device, great if you have more than one VM running : http://www.henri.shustak.org/tools/vmware-fusion-scripts

If you are using this for backup, better to shutdown rather than suspending, in terms of being able to bring the system all back up on different hardware.

The reason I replied, was that it should be possible to take these scripts as a framework and modify them to get something like this working for Virtual Box possibly in cygwin (if you are hosting this all on Microsoft Windows). It would just be a matter of changing the commands which pause an then resume those successfully paused VM's.

Probably overkill if you have a single VM which you just use from time to time :)

But maybe that information helps?

HTRAX 2013 Revitalised : EGYPTIAN HUMP HTRAX : Direct URL download :
http://henri.shustak.org/download/htrax/egyptian-hump-htrax.mp3
"Dr Who Meets B52's" - More reviews : http://www.jessetaylor.com.au