[chbot] KiwiSDR - a wideband Software Defined Radio receiver.

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 02:22:16 GMT 2016

>  I am just doing some numbers on what would be invoved in putting this off grid.

In terms of off grid, if you are thinking solar, feel free to let me know. Happy to assist via one of the companies I am involved with as required. They offer outdoor solar panels with easy mounting from 6V @ 2W up to 24V @ ≈250W+ with a lot of other options in-between. In addition, they offer various off the shelf LiPO batteries (complete with solar BMU built into the battery) ; as well as various kinds of batteries and charge controllers.

If this is helpful in terms of taking it off grid, then feel free to reach out off list. Also I should note, they have various demo equipment. As such, if you are thinking about trying something out first as  proof of concept. then perhaps they can help.

The KickStarter projects sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

Hope this helps.