[chbot] links referenced at last nights meeting

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jul 19 01:10:48 BST 2016

On Tue 19 Jul 2016 06:15:43 NZST +1200, Mark Atherton wrote:

> SONOFF Switch  USD$4.85
> https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-wifi-wireless-switch.html

> SLAMPER WiFi Light socket USD$8.50 https://www.itead.cc/smart-home/slampher-wifi-wireless-light-holder.html

The documentation is inconclusive on whether these will work over wifi
without a cloud connection. I'm not interested in cloud or apps, but can
I control them over their wifi interface from a PC, so they can be
integrated into my own home system? E.g. do they have a web server with
a simple control interface? Does someone have one of these and would be
able to tell?

The hall light is really good with the colours. I thought of just using
a white LED at very low light levels (just enough not to run into
things), which had the advantage of being able to run off battery -
potential bonus after big earthquakes.

What model PIR did you use for this?

Thanks,