[chbot] ESP8266 Update

Richard Jones richard.jones.1952 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 03:58:55 BST 2015

A few days ago the ESP8266 tools were updated to V1.1.1 and the 3 channel
relay board no longer compiles. I have a temporary work around for the new
tool chain.

Follow the instructions I posted before (working on ubuntu 14.04):

http://www.penninkhof.com/2015/03/esp8266-open-sdk/

In the tool chain:

/opt/esp-open-sdk/sdk/include/c_types.h edit line 11 to #if 1 /* was 0 */
/opt/esp-open-sdk/sdk/include/eagle_soc.h replace with attached file
eagle_soc.h (from v1.0.1)

In the application:
broadcastd.c line87  struct sensor_reading* result = read_ds18b20(0);
becomes read_ds18b20( );

To do the job properly requires inspired guesswork or a data sheet, and is
probably not worth modifying the application code for the new environment
until the httpd has been split.
http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3495&start=0

You can see my changes to the relay board code running on the ESP8266 here:
http://jones-solar.no-ip.biz Not bad for a less than $4NZ server.

I hope to bring a demo along to the Monday meeting provided I complete
other commitments that day.

Richard