[chbot] Drones in Australia

Geoff sdfgeoff at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 10:43:37 GMT 2015

Unfortunately the media will pick up on the few people who don't know the
regulations (because they just got a drone for Christmas), but ignore the
hundreds of experienced operators who've built and flown these things for
the past ten years perfectly safely. In some ways, it's just the ease of
which you can pick-up and fly them that makes them dangerous. Previously
you had to have the technical ability to build them, and that translates to
common sense when you operate them.
How long till you get a 'drone operators lisence'

I'm also hoping NZTA doesn't start watching ground-based 'drones' and
decide to fine me for reckless driving:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_WrdV8H164

Geoffrey