[chbot] Another supply question - bending thin wall channel

Andy Gardner ceo at andygardner.com
Fri Jan 9 13:50:25 GMT 2015

Might be more practical to pick a size of thin wall round tubing that's big enough to prevent the wheel from escaping and bend that into a hoop and tack that on. It would look strange but would be a lot easier to do, I think. Channel is not going to be happy being bent without heating or a special former.

Would be easier to roll the hoop and form the channel at the same time out of flat steel, but that would require a fairly complicated roller setup I suspect.

Another possibility would be plastic irrigation pipe (50mm?) sliced down the middle then bolted onto the cage with countersunk bolts so the wheel runs inside the half-pipe?

Then again, how about 2 hoops of 25mm irrigation pipe, bolted on so the wheel runs between them?