[chbot] Opto isolated triacs

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jan 9 04:16:50 GMT 2015

Can't help but think that NTC inrush surge protection may be helpful,
and simple to install

Are you 100% sure that the transformer **always** produces less than 24VAC ?

How about sticking your scope across the 24VAC secondary and
switching on and off the largest relevant load you have at the
property (well pump, swimming pool heater ??) and see what happens

Have you traced through the secondary of your commercial irrigation
controller ?

Have you powered up the commercial irrigation controller, and had a
look at normal solenoid operating voltage ?

-mark