[chbot] Arduino for $3! & link for 2.2 inch touch screen

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Tue Oct 21 00:00:12 BST 2014

On Tue 21 Oct 2014 10:02:03 NZDT +1300, Jasper Mackenzie wrote:

>  http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6231716866.html
> (So, dammit! the $3 ones are cheaper yet!)

Well you got a USB cable with it ;-)
Drats, they also have that cheap USB thingeme on them.

> I also needed a programmer for Optiboot so as to use the watchdog:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/310506909410
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/310635615426

Ok, you needed to re-program the boot loader. Rather than buying another
programmer, you could get a 2x3 to 2x3 pin header ribbon cable to link
two arduino's ISP headers, and load the programming sketch supplied with
the IDE onto your favourite spare 328P-based arduino and have a
programmer, after which you can re-use your arduino for the next
project. Hands up who does not have a spare arduino? There are detailed
instructions on the arduino website.

Arduino nano with FTDI chip, US$3.70
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390952715957
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161454924388