[chbot] Suitable Epoxy

Winston Wealleans winstonhw at clear.net.nz
Mon Oct 20 11:37:48 BST 2014

At 01:40 p.m. 20/10/2014, you wrote:
>Mark,
>... Did you notice anything about the water level?
>Â Baths are full of Eureka
>Winston,
>Â Have you used J B Weld submerged in hot water?

Haven't used it in water. It is hard as and looks
like it would last well in water. Tensile
strength of 3969  PSI.   I have some thermistors
set in it on a 3D printer extruder nozzle.
Thermistor is set into the female threads of a
3mm brass motherboard standoff with a squirt of J
B Weld. The thermistor within the brass standoff
is then screwed into the extruder's heating
element block. Neat and durable. The old way of
securing a thermistor to a nozzle was by wrapping
the thermistor and nozzle in Kapton tape. In time
the tape dried out and ripped and the thermistor
would wriggle and change position and give huge
errors. Fixing in with J B Weld solved  everything.

Looks like Jaycar are out of it, but this outfit
has 2 x 2 tube sets left $2.00 cheaper at $15.00:

Autothority Ltd
38 Mowbray Street
Christchurch
Ph: 377 4911