[chbot] Suitable Epoxy

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Mon Oct 20 02:52:29 BST 2014

Folks
I went through a similar exercise when dealing with the temperature
detection on a vehicle for controlling electric fans.

1.     You can get High temperature RTV that goes to 260 deg C
2.     If you're dealing with pressure then sealing is an issue.
3.     I prefer the already encased DS18x20 range of one Wire devices,
which can be run over a long distance (don't use parasitic power, run
three wires)
4.     The spa pool controllers I repaired used a stainless sleeve, with
the TMP35?  device inside the sleeve, and a blob of heatsink transfer
compound.
            They had no pressure and used a compression gland to seal it.

In the end I used a simple Automotive resitive sender available locally
and priced about $17.
It screwed into a standard fitting, and therefore sealed against leak
and pressure.
I mapped the ADC reading against the temperature.

If you want more details let me know.

Mark