[chbot] Peer-to-peer remote access box

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 23:53:49 BST 2014

>Just like your smartphone, then. If their OS vendors go bust you have a
>paperweight. Computer museum people don't think it's funny.

Not at all like a cellphone.

It is possible that a cellphone company will go out of business before
your phone dies, but that is rather unlikely. So far that has not
happened in NZ.

It is, however, an odds-on bet that some little rinky-dink outfit on
kickstarter/whatever will not make it past the end of the year -
leaving you with a brick.