[chbot] Sparkfun data repository - a place to push your data

Spencer Travers spencer.travers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 23:31:19 BST 2014

After being bitten by Pachube/Cosm/Xively/Whatever-they-call-themselves-now
I am wary of storing my data on someone else's servers. When Cosm switched
to Xively they started charging for the service that had been free. And of
course they had all my data. Things change, and there is always this risk
when you use a third party.

The option to set up *your own *server using Sparkfun's code seems very
attractive. I don't really have a problem with anyone mining my
(temperature) data, but I do want full access and control at all times. I'm
keen to try this out.

Spencer