[chbot] Eagle layout

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 26 05:28:38 GMT 2014

On Wed 26 Feb 2014 16:23:05 NZDT +1300, Jasper Mackenzie wrote:

> Please someone who uses Orcad or Altium (Protel) tell us whether
> these packages are better...

Have used Altium and Protel in the past. Altium is far more capable than
both eagle and kicad in both features and workflow - and also has many
obnoxious features left over from Protel. It costs many $k, and is
single platform. Each of these two arguments alone aswers the question
of "better" for home use in the nagative as far as I am concerned.

Can't speak for orcad but I'd be surprised if the story was different to
Altium.