[chbot] Eagle layout

Quentin McDonald dqmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 04:41:15 GMT 2014

Hi Jasper,

Quentin:

>  is there a definitive and comprehensible source for KiCad libraries?
>>
>  I found this to be extreemly useful - of course I had already made my dfn
> 10 3x3 footprints by this time...
>  http://per.launay.free.fr/kicad/kicad_php/composant.php
>
> And this thing is pretty amazing for getting the footprint (mod) 90% done:
>  http://cyclerecorder.org/footprintbuilder/
>
> Still finding Kicad a bit weird and idiosyncratic...

Thanks those links are very useful. I still find it hard to then locate
the correct footprints even when I have the library, some of the
annotations seem rather cryptic and (rather anglocentric) they aren't all
in English either. But perhaps that's all part of the 'weird and
idiosyncratic' bit.

Thanks,

Quentin