[chbot] 360 'pan' servo

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Thu Feb 13 04:32:22 GMT 2014

Greetings all

I've decided that since I have an unused USB port on one of my hacked
routers that I'd put a webcam onto it to stream data back to the house
(llamacam!!). Not worth doing unless I make it more complicated than it
needs to be so I want to pan the camera without spending 100's of $$$
getting one that will do it for me (and will have a Windross only
interface to boot). So I'm thinking an Arduino onto a shared USB hub with
the camera and use that to drive the pan servo.

I'm thinking direct drive so the servo needs to run through 360 degrees
(or close to). Again to keep the price down I'm thinking modding a
standard 180deg one and then use a bit of intelligence in the Arduino to
handle 'goto' commands that pass beyond the end stops

Is there a simple way of doing this without using an external pot thats
geared down 2:1?

Maybe discuss more at the meeting on Monday.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks