[chbot] Chock Fish contest

Helmut Walle helmut.walle at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 00:54:31 GMT 2014

Hmm, I guess the question to be asked may have to involve something conditional and / or compound... which would raise the issue of the definition of "one question". Could the problem be posed more clearly by stipulating that the question to be asked must be atomic, and by defining what an atomic question is? (The question raised here would clearly not qualify as atomic!)

Kind regards,

Helmut.

On 6 December 2014 1:02:11 PM NZDT, Mark Atherton <markaren1 at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>A man arrives at a Y junction in the road.
>
>One way goes to York, the other dead ends after 10 miles.
>
>He only has enough petrol to get to York.
>
>Next to the junction is a house where two identical sisters live.
>
>One sister always tells the truth, while the other sister always lies.
>
>One sister will open the door, but he is only allowed to ask one
>question.
>
>What question should he ask to find the branch in the road to York ?
>
>-mark
>
>PS no cheating please !

>Meetings 3rd Monday each month.
>
>When replying, please edit your Subject line to reflect new content.

Kind regards,

Helmut.
--
+ Helmut Walle