[chbot] 1 bit computing

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 04:25:01 BST 2014

In the 1980s I worked on a radar system that used the EPROM look-up
mechanism to implement a vector graphics processor that could augment a
normal vector graphics display with text, lines, curves etc. It used ECL
logic - that's how old it was!

In the next version, a double Eurocard of logic was replaced with one CPLD.

The best thing about the 14500... It had an 8 page data sheet.